So what is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that will reduce the area stress of liquid and generate a considerable volume of uniform and secure foam, which is used to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is a substance that will make its aqueous solution produce a massive quantity of foam when mechanical force is introduced directly into the air. This type of material is a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of the Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, plus it cannot be a foaming agent. Surface activity is the core of foaming.
The purpose of cement foaming agent
The primary purpose of a cement foaming agent is always to promote the foaming of cement paste to create lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, creating the cement slurry to get a huge number of pores during the construction process, thereby reducing the density of concrete and rendering it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, along with other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents can also improve the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. In addition, cement foaming agents can also improve the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to construct and shape.
12 features and features of foaming agent
- It offers compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the requirements. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this challenge. , a substitute for traditional insulation materials
- It is lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively decreases the load from the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, whilst the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Enhance the stability and life from the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer includes a high amount of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making sure the indoor floor is flat rather than cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times that of the benzene board. It consists of perlite particles. More than five times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, which is 20-30 times that of ordinary cement.
- It offers good compressive strength: if the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will see no condensation around the warm water pipes during heating, and there will be no splitting between the layers.
- Good bonding: The material used in foamed cement is cement, which includes an exceptional bond with all the lower and upper layers and will not cause hollowing or collapse from the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and can be combined entirely with all the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to form a whole.
- It offers an anti-permeability effect: Because of the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is more than six times stronger than that of ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is an inorganic material (cement) that fails to burn and therefore has good fire resistance. When used on buildings, it could improve the fireproof performance from the building.
What are the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and it is generated via a selection of complicated chain reactions. The product is a pure and clear oily liquid with a light yellow color. It is really not responsive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and fails to contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, tough to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to make foamed cement has got the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it is commonly utilized in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices may be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin since the primary raw material and it is made through a series of hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is produced using imported advanced equipment and the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented during the production process. The product is a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, sound quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and ideal foam stability; it really is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Because of the high surface strength from the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is very stable. The bubbles from the foamed cement made out of it will be in a closed state independent of each other, and there is absolutely no connection between the bubbles. The permeability resistance from the foamed cement products is extremely high. On the same density, in comparison with foamed cement made out of plant-based foaming agents, it offers better sealing as well as heat preservation properties and higher strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction field
Cement foaming agents are widely used inside the construction area and they are mainly employed to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the main advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. They are widely used in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, along with other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road field
Cement foaming agents will also be used in the broad area and they are mainly employed to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the main advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and can reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge field
Cement foaming agents will also be used in the bridge area, mainly employed to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the main advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which can detect the weight from the bridge and extend the service life from the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
High Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is a supplier of concrete additives, which can be concrete foaming agent and relative products with over 12 years experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Charge Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. Should you be looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])